Monday, August 25, 2008

My 1st grader

Well, I now have a child going to school all day long. (Someone hand me a tissue) Reagan started his first day of the 1st grade today and he was so excited. His said his stomach was crazy, he was so excited.
Funny story: I asked him last week what he wanted for his first day of school breakfast and first day of school dinner. He thought for a moment and then said, "Well something that will go in my lunch box so I guess not pancakes." I asked him why they needed to be in his lunch box and he said, "Well since I will be eating there all day. I will also have to say good-bye to you and dad." We discussed this for a moment, and it came to light he assumed he was sleeping and eating at school "all day". We had to clarify. He is such a fun kid.
Photobucket
So this morning, I asked what he wanted me to make for him, and he said, I will make my own breakfast and you can pack my lunch. So, here he is "making his own breakfast". Honestly, I had planned on making a nice hot breakfast, he wanted cereal.
I will report later and how things went...

New topic: Yesterday we went to the Twin Falls Temple Dedication. It was so neat. All 5 of my sisters came for it, Carrie even who flew here from Michigan. Rachel got some pictures of all us before we went into the temple.
Photobucket
I know I am biased, but I think this is the prettiest temple.
The Morgan Girls: Carrie #3, Jacque #6, Rachel #5, Paula #4, Me #2, and Melanie #1

What a lovely couple! (Forgive our funny faces, the sun was really bright!)

Photobucket
The Morgan Family, with my dad's parents, Grandpa and Grandma Morgan
Evan, Jim, Jenna, Melanie, Grandpa, Grandma, Carl and Paula, Carrie (we missed you Seth), Tyler and Alicia, Jacque and Mark, Rachel and Matt, Mom and Dad.

What a great experience to be in the Temple for the dedication.

6 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yay for Reagan! I can't wait to hear how it went. He is such a big kid now. Crazy.
I'm so glad we got to come home for the dedication. It was so fun spending time with you guys. I got some great pictures so I'll try to send a few.

Becky said...

Alicia - I loved the picture of all the girls. I miss the Morgan family more than you know. Such fun memories with your family. Love you guys!!!

julie said...

What a cute boy, that Reagan. I bet he loves school! My girls always prefer cereal to pancakes/waffles/french toast. I'm always disappointed when I ask them what they would like me to make for breakfast, and when they say they want cereal, I get mean and tell them no, they can't have cereal, I'm going to MAKE breakfast, and they better like it or else!

amy stansel said...

he is such a cutie. Ahhh I don't know how I'll feel when Lucy starts school all day! It's so fun to see them so excited. I also loved seeing a picture of your entire family. Fun to see everyone all grown up!!

Holly said...

How was Reagan's day? Is he loving school? Abby is having a great time at school!
Love the pictures of you guys at the temple! It's pretty exciting that it is now open...now I guess I need to make it to a session!

paulak said...

Yeah for Reagan. Thanks for letting me be a part of that morning. He's such a handsome kid.