Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Happy 9 Years!
Happy Anniversary to us today. 9 years being married to the best guy ever, I can't complain. Tyler and I met my senior year of college, I was at BYU and he was in his senior year of high school at TFHS. (Yes, I robbed the cradle, but not a bad way to go!) He was taking my little sister, Paula to the prom and I came home for the weekend. Didn't think too much as he was in high school still, that would be weird. :) So, I graduated from BYU got a teaching job near my parents and came back home. Tyler graduated from high school, spent a semester at Ricks and then went on his mission. His family was in my parent's ward, so when he was reporting from his mission, my mom leaned over during the meeting, nudged my arm and said, "Hey, you could marry him." "What?!, he is so young!" Well I took another look and said, oh ya, I could marry him.
Our first date was Halloween 1998 and we just clicked, I am not sure if he seemd older, or he made me feel younger, but age didn't seem to matter in the least. Tyler proposed to me on May 8th, 1999 and we were married August 6th, 1999 in the Idaho Falls Temple.
Tyler, you rock and I can't wait for the next 9 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
You guys make a very cute couple. The years go by so fast don't they?
Love your story. I am getting a little teary-eyed...must be all the pregnancy hormones leaving my system!
Congratulations!
Way to go guys and best wishes for many more fun years to come..
Great year to be married! We share the same year and ya know, we were married in the I.F. temple too. congrats and enjoy your day!
Such a great couple. LOVE this picture of you. You should scrap it...or let me!
That is awesome. I would never have guessed that you were older by a few years. What does that say about your youthfulness?? Must be all that running!
Anway - great story. Thanks for sharing.
Oh - And I almost forgot.... it was GREAT to see you and your family at the Provo 1/2 marathon! What an awesome suprise that was. Did you hear Joy is now talking about doing triathalons? Sheesh - she hasn't even finished her marathon yet. Maybe we will bump into you guys again at a future race!
Post a Comment