Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bear Lake

Tyler surprised me this last weekend with a getaway, JUST THE TWO OF US, to Bear Lake. It was so much fun, so relaxing and so needed. Our lives, like so many other people, is insanely busy. So, to get 2 days, uninterrupted with Tyler was perfection! He arranged with his mom to keep the kids, packed their bags, took care of my church responsibilities, packed our luggage and made all of the plans. I had no idea.

He asked me to go to dinner with him on Friday and of course, I thought that would be great. We dropped the kids off with my MIL's and headed to dinner, or so I thought, but we just kept driving. He made up a bunch of nonsense about a restaurant in a neighboring town, but then we drove past that town and I started getting suspicious, so he fessed up.

It was AWESOME!!!
This was the view from our condo, gorgeous!

We took a drive up on the mountain and looking down we could see the resort, our building is the one, directly in the middle with the maroon trim.


I'm so sad this picture didn't work, because this was one of my favorite parts of the weekend. We took a walk down to the Marina and climbed down the rocks to the water. The water was so cold, but so beautiful. We set the camera up on a rock with the timer, but alas, not such good quality.



Look at the lake, what a gorgeous color.


There's Bear Lake

There were deer everywhere, it was cool, gotta be honest, I just don't get how people can shoot them.



We had to get this picture of the Totem pole because Reagan is building a Totem pole in school for their current literature unit.


Tyler packed our bags so well, I was very impressed, and most impressed that he brought all of my running clothes, so of course, we went running together, loved that!!!!

On our drive home, we had to stop to get a picture of the snow. Look how high the snow is, crazy!!

Such a fun weekend, definitely going to have to go away again sometime.

3 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

I love all these pictures. What an awesome weekend away! You two totally deserve. And nice work on Tyler's part. He is a great guy! Love you guys.

Ashley said...

Awesome pictures--so so glad you got to go. What a fun trip!

Montay said...

So Fun love those unexpected get aways !!