Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

This Easter was very special, sad, happy, emotional... you get the idea. Easter was Stake conference for us and with the recent calling of Elder Kent J. Allen as an Area Authority, it meant the reorganization of the Kimberly Idaho Stake. My dad has been serving in the Stake Presidency with President Allen for almost 8 years and he was released on Sunday. Bittersweet emotions as I know he has loved working with President Allen and the stake and will miss it very much. It has been one of the greatest blessings in my life to have my dad as my Bishop twice in my life, but also as a member of the Stake Presidency in the stake I was living in. I will miss that as well.
Another fun part of Easter was Tyler's involvement in the Stake Easter Cantata, led by Carolee Remington. They have been working on this for months and were able to perform the program twice. Last night, in the encore performance, I decided I was going to record Tyler's song with his iphone and hope it worked. It did and I put together a video with pictures of Christ from lds.org so you can hear his song and see visuals. Remember, this is recorded on a phone sitting on the back row, so forgive the quality.


I made the girls' Easter dresses this year and I am so excited how well they turned out. Reagan also got his first suit and doesn't he look dapper.


But, most important of all I know the Savior lived and died for us and I am grateful for the many, many blessings I have in my life. Happy Easter to each of you!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

You guys look so great! Adorable Easter dresses, and very handsome suit :)Tyler sounds great--what a fun recording. Happy Easter to all of you!

Jacque said...

Wow. First of all the dresses are amazing! You did a great job making them. Second, Tyler sounds incredible. What a great Easter!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Wow! That was amazing. Really beautiful. And the dresses are so cute. I am so impressed. Such a good looking family.

I'm sad for the end of this era for Dad. Great picture of the three of them.

julie said...

Mac and I both think that Tyler sounds just like Dad singing! He sounded great! Great job Tyler, and great job Alicia on the dresses.

AmyJ said...

We will miss your dad too! So glad you are in our stake so I can see you every now and then.