Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bedroom Makeover

We have been living at my parent's house for a year and a half. When we moved in I painted the girls room because it was a light blue color, so we went with neutral. Other than that I haven't done any decorating until last week. Our bedroom was a dark green color, which was fine, but I was getting a little tired of it and needed something a bit brighter, so I went with yellow. I love the way it turned out.


Of course the girls had to jump in and help. Mollie painted with me all day long, I was so impressed with her hard work. Ashtynn didn't last as long, but that was because she wanted to paint more with her hands than her brush. Yikes.


I also made a headboard and window treatment in black and white and I love how it turned out. There are still a few things I kind of want to do with it, but we'll see if those happen. I need some throw pillows on the bed.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! That looks great! Nice job Alicia. Want to come paint mine?

Jacque said...

Dude it looks awesome! I am so glad I got to see it. I can't believe how much bigger the room looks now. Way to go.

Rachel Durazzani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Durazzani said...

Amazing. I love it!!!!

Ashley said...

CUTE! I love it! Great change.

Carrie said...

Wow! I love it! I'm impressed.

paulak said...

Looks great!