Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Larsen Camping Trip

We recently did something that I swore I would never do... Camp! This last March the bet for the NCAA tournament was that if I lost I had to go camping with the family. Well, as tradition would have it, I lost again. I'm getting a little sick of losing this contest, but alas, I digress. Back to camping... so we packed the kids up, along with the tent and everything but the kitchen sink and we headed up in to the South Hills. After and hour or so, we finally stopped at a camp site named Wahlstrom Hollow. It was really quite nice and very secluded, we saw only 1 other party the whole time, so that made it even better.

I have to say we had a good time, I am still not a fan of camping, I really do not like the dirt or lack of running water, but seeing the kids have so much fun made it all worth it. We roasted hot dogs, had s'mores, stayed up late and just relaxed, it was pretty cool. Not sure we will go again this summer, but that's ok, I can hold out for another 10 years.
Kids and Tyler roasting hot dogs over the fire.

Tyler and Ashtynn making a kodak moment for me.

Elise had one request on this trip and it was to play Go Fish, so right before we headed out, we set up the cards and had a rip-roaring game of Go Fish.
Elise and Mollie enjoying the beautiful out doors.
I love wildflowers

We went on a couple nature walks, it really is pretty up in the mountains or rather hills.
Reagan wasn't that thrilled about pictures, so here we are with the girls.

Tyler took this picture so there was proof I was actually camping.

Elise had so much fun.
Reagan took on the role of "I'm the boy, I've been camping before so I know it all!" It was pretty cute.

Mollie was an absolute kick in the pants, she was one tough little girl out in the wild. And she loves herself a roasted hot dog.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Sister Jenna Connell said...

Alicia- I'm thinking the only way to be rid of losing this contest is to QUIT ENTERING!!!! Oh, sorry, just had to put my two cents! And, WHEN did you go camping?!?!?! That is a monumental occasion--thanks for posting pictures--looks very fun!

Jacque said...

So cute! I love that you went camping and it looks like it was a success. Great pictures.

Carol said...

Love the camping pictures, it does sound as though you had a great time and I know the kids had fun. Glad you were such a good sport. Great post.

Karyna said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! I am still waiting for my dad to convince my mom to go! :)

Holly said...

Oh man, your pictures are actually making me want to go camping and I HATE camping!!