Tuesday, December 15, 2009

She's Three, I can't believe it!

Mollie turned 3 on December 12th, and I can't believe it. First of all, she is such a peanut, so little, she can't be 3, but she is. As my dad says, she is 3 going on 16. I adore Mollie, she makes me happy in every way. She is incredibly sensitive, loves little babies and little kids (even if her cousin Zander is convinced she is out to get him with her over-zealous hugs), she is smart, fun and loves life!

For her birthday we did some fun stuff, luckily it was on a Saturday so Tyler was around to help or I am not sure anything would have happened. We made gingerbread houses with all the kids, including her cousin Kya...



we had a Fancy Nancy Tea Party, hosted by Elise...

Elise made jam pinwheels, frilly toothpick hors d'oeuvres, and "Jus de Pomme"



We had homemade pizza for dinner, at Mollie's request (the girl can out-eat everyone but Tyler when it comes to Pizza). Then we had cake and ice cream with grandparents, aunts and uncles and opened presents. When I asked what kind of cake she wanted she said, "Pink". I asked no what flavor, "Pink" what design? "Pink" so she had a pink cake. (I can't believe I didn't get a picture, it was really cute and really pink)

The girl is set when it comes to dolls!


I have to add her potty training success: the girl is a rock star. We started her, anticipating the "&^%&*()*" we went through potty training Elise, but no, she pretty much was potty trained within a week, no diapers or pull ups at all, not even at nap time or through the night, she blew us away. I am very grateful for her on that one!

So happy birthday my little Mollie, we love you!

4 comments:

Karyna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLIE!!! It sounds like it was a blast. I wish I could of been there.

Rachel Durazzani said...

What a fun birthday! So sad we weren't there to celebrate with her. And I can't believe or girls are three (or almost 3). LOVE her flowers by the way.

paulak said...

Happy Birthday Smalls...we are glad we could be there to celebrate with you.

Jacque said...

What a fun birthday! I can't believe she is three either. Wow! Where did that time go? Love the tea party!