Thursday, October 1, 2009

EJ and Ashley tie the Knot!

EJ and Ashley Morgan, what a gorgeous couple!

The weekend before last weekend, my little brother married Ashley in the Los Angeles temple. What an amazing weekend. When EJ first told us they were getting married and it was going to be in Los Angeles, we all wondered how everyone was going to make it, but believe it or not all six sisters were there and it was perfection. We were only missing 2 of the brothers in law. Carrie, Rachel and I brought our new babies, but all the rest of the kids stayed at home. (Thanks Rhett and Cassie for helping us out!)

All the Girls:
Jacque, Rachel, Paula, Ashley, Jessica (Ashley's sister), Jacque, Me and Melanie


My amazing parents!

Tyler, Ashtynn, Rachel, Ethan, Paula and I headed out of town Thursday evening for Los Angeles and drove through the night, well, Tyler drove through the night, the rest of us took cat naps here and there, I was so impressed with Tyler. We arrived at our hotel, the Westlake Hyatt (wow, that was a nice hotel, thanks Priceline!) and thankfully mom and dad were awake and ready to go, so we handed over the babies and slept for a couple of hours, before heading to the temple. The traffic was CRAZY, but we all made it there. Grandpa Morgan did the sealing, he has now married all 7 of us kids, Melanie: Logan Temple, Me: Idaho Falls temple, Carrie: Logan temple, Paula: Logan temple, Rachel: Salt Lake temple, Jacque: Salt Lake temple, and last of all EJ: Los Angeles temple.
Trevyn, Ethan, and Ashtynn

After the wedding we did pictures, and a luncheon, then headed back to the hotel and spent some fun family time hanging out. I was so excited that Saturday we didn't have any pans until the reception at 6:00 in the evening, so I got to sleep in. WOW! I forgot what that was like. It was so nice to have nothing to have to get up for. Tyler took care of Ashtyn for me, so I was able to. I love him!

We were not really wanting to head back in to LA and fight traffic so we stayed close to where the hotel was, and went to some outlet malls and to In 'n Out for lunch.
Had to In-N-Out Burger, and a big thanks to Tyler for letting me take this picture.

The reception was at Ashley's home in Moor Park, what a beautiful community and thankfully the fires were no longer burning or a threat to that area. Side Note: there were so many firefighters at the hotel we stayed in, sure appreciate all that they do! The food, decorations, cake, ambiance, setting and particularly the bride and groom were stunning!
I loved getting to sit at one table and visit with all of my sisters for the evening it was priceless.
Ashtynn was a dream, she was fun to have along and was really good the whole trip, including the 26 hours in the car. What a trooper.

6 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Hooray for blog posts! Man that trip was fun. Seems like forever ago already.
PS: Love the new look of the blog. So much fun.

Jacque said...

Great pictures! And I love your new background. Too fun!

Cassie said...

cute pictures, glad you had a nice time. We had fun watching your kids.

Karyna said...

That sounds like so much fun to go to LA. I wish I could have been there.

Tess said...

What a fun trip! We got an invite to the open house here, I'm pretty sure we'll be there. I love the picture of the 3 newborns- how precious!

Holly said...

I haven't checked your blog in so long. I feel all caught up now!