Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ashtyn Update

My sister, Paula is a photographer and I asked her to do a photo session with Ashtyn. I am now kicking myself that I never had these kinds of pictures taken with my other 3. I am in love with every picture she took and I want to print large 8x10's of all of them, but I am afraid my other kids will get a complex, so when I can finally decide which I love the best, I will go with that one, ok and maybe a few more.
Again for journaling, I decided to write a quick update on Ashtyn. She was born weighing in at a whopping 7 pounds 5 ounces. When we took her in at 3 or 4 days old she had dropped significantly to 6 pounds 7 ounces. I was worried, and the pediatrician recommended I supplement along with breastfeeding, so I did. We took her back the next day and she was up to 6 pounds 10 ounces, yay. We all were happy and figured we had given her the jump start she needed, so I cut back a bit on the supplemental formula. She seemed to be doing well, but was very fussy. Tyler and I figured she had gas troubles so we used Mylicon and spent a lot of time awake with her. At her 2 week appt, she was still only 6 pounds 10 ounces. I was a little panicked about that. So I put her back on formula, but not at every feeding. So this past Monday we took her in and she had just hit her birth weight, I got scared, I was starving my baby. So, she is getting a supplemental feeding each time I breastfeed. And now, she is doing amazing. She is not fussy anymore, she sleeps so well and she is wonderful. It kind of makes me sad to think she was fussy due to hunger.
I don't know why I had such a hard time accepting having to give her formula, somehow, the fact that my milk wasn't cutting it made me feel really sad. But I am ok with it and her health is the most important, so I will do whatever works. We will take her back in next week and see where she is at, but I am just glad to have a happy baby. I am head over heals in love with her.

Just look at these pictures, she is amazing!!!She has the most kissable cheeks!

Her toes are so long
Oh my goodness, she is like a little doll
It's like a cotton candy baby!
Look at her long arms, she's gonna be an outside hitter, folks!
She is still so curled up
Cutest baby butt ever!
Look how she is holding the stocking!
This is Tyler's hand with hers

I kind of think this one, (above) might be my favorite.

and this is just too cute!

5 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh these are SO, SO cute! I wish I had Paula do these for Ethan. She is a doll and I'm so happy she is doing better. And I love hanging out with her!

paulak said...

She is too cute...easy photo session when the baby is just so cute.

Joy said...

Cute pictures...nice to have that talent in the family!

julie said...

Those pictures are awesome! In two of them, I thought she looked a lot like Tyler. And I hear you about the supplementing - when I had to start giving Lilly a bottle because I wasn't making enough milk, I felt horrible! Really, I shouldn't have felt that way because it's not that big of a deal, but I was so bitter because i felt like my body had betrayed me.

AmyJ said...

Adorable pictures. Congratulations! Hope all is going well for you. We missed you at girls night.