Monday, October 26, 2009

Autumn in Idaho

This has been a really beautiful Autumn, the leaves are gorgeous, the weather has been great, knock on wood, and plain and simply I love Fall.
With that being said we have made a few attempts at enjoying it. The other night we took the kids to the CSI corn maze, this is the first year they made one and we decided to give it a shot. We let Reagan and Elise lead, Mollie was off in her own world hiding from the lions, (don't ask, we don't know), and Ashtynn was peacefully enjoying it while snoozing in Tyler's arms. After about 25 minutes of going in circles I decided it was time to go and started to head back toward the entrance. Oh no, that did not go over well with the boys, if we start a maze we are not ending at the beginning we will stay until we find the end, so we did, 20 minutes later. Not that big of a maze, but I'm pretty sure we saw it all. It was fun, and the kids loved it.

Since moving, we now attend church at 3:00 in the afternoon, which makes for very long mornings. It was a beautiful day this Sunday, so we decided to take a drive up through the South Hills and enjoy the foliage. Well, I think we were about 3 days too late. Most of the leaves had dropped, but we had fun and the kids enjoyed getting out of the house.
Notice the curlers in Elise's hair, too funny!

See, not much left, bummer, just missed it!

But we did see a lot of cows on the road, so I guess it was all worth it! HaHa

6 comments:

Joy said...

Ben and I love family outtings such as these...great memories.

Amy said...

Looks like you guys have been having some fun family outings! We went to the South Hills a while back and actually got there a bit early for the fall foliage. Go figure. About the lions--has she ever seen the movie 'Secondhand Lions'? Just curious. =)

Jacque said...

Love the pictures! There is something about a corn maze that just completes the Fall season. Your kids look as cute as ever. Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Carrie said...

So proud of you, one, for blogging, and two, for getting out! Looks like fun!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh so fun! I love all the pictures...especially that one of all four kids in the corn maze. Serious, worth framing. Glad you're enjoying the fall...it's my favorite time of year, too. We miss you guys like crazy!

paulak said...

Glad you finally got to go...just sad we couldn't get it together to go together.