Thursday, April 2, 2009

Musings

I am sitting here at my computer as tonight is my live online office hours, but just like every week, not a single student has logged in, so alas I sit here and wait. I even offered extra credit this time to come and say hi and ask me a question. I guess they are all doing so well, they don't have any questions (LOL).

So, I decided to put this time to use blogging. I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday and all appears to be good. We didn't get very good shots this time, the baby was not really wanting to make much of an appearance. This is the best one and you can see the baby sucking on its fist, so that is kind of cute. Like all of my other pregnancies we have chosen to not find out the sex of the baby, we like the surprise in the delivery room. (Or maybe we just like to be annoying). The baby is weighing about 12 oz. so Dr. Smith said it was kind of like a Diet Coke. That's funny.I have included a key in case you look at this and go, "WHAT?"
I am feeling really good. I get frustrated with myself that I have not kept up as good of a running schedule as I told myself I would, but at least I am trying and I have done more running and exercise these last 5 months than I did with all 3 previous pregnancies put together, so that is a plus. My goal is to not gain as much weight as I did with Mollie, wow that was a lot, and so far so good. I am just really glad I am not hungry around the clock like I was the first 4 months. I would wake up 2-3 times a night starving and if I tried to ignore it and not eat, I ended up getting sick, so I ate. But like I said, not so much a problem now.

I am very anxious to have some warm weather to go running in, I hate the rain. Keep your
fingers crossed. Come on Spring, you can make it!

Tomorrow I am heading to Park City with 4 of my sisters and my mom for a weekend get-away, can't wait. I'll be sure and post pictures upon my return.

4 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

I LOVE this picture (I know, I already told you that). Is it weird to say that s/he looks like Mollie? I see it.
Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Montay said...

I am so excited for you guys and the picture is so fun I never got those kind with my kids hope you have a fun time in Park City!!

Cassie said...

I'm getting my vote in for a boy, since I dreamt that you were pregnant before you told anyone. I think my 50/50 chance is a good one! Have a great trip!

Holly said...

Glad you got to get away. I'm jealous. I'm sure you will post so I can live through you! I'm glad everything is going well with the little baby and that you are feeling well. Don't feel so bad about not running...I am going into week three of doing NOTHING and I couldn't feel better.