Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tyus Paul has arrived

This is one of my favorite pregnancy pictures, taken about a week and a half before Tyus was born.
This is the last maternity picture I took before Tyus was born.

Tyus Paul was born on Monday at 7:00 pm April 23rd.  My entire pregnancy and delivery were wonderful.  It took me five pregnancies to get it exactly the way I wanted to do it.  I stayed in better shape through this pregnancy and I felt great.  It was awesome.  Then I had decided early on that I wanted to delivery naturally; I had done so previously when I delivered Mollie, but I just felt like I hadn't done it the way I wanted to, so this time was going to be different, and it was. 

I had my 38 week check up on Monday at 4:00pm with Dr. Smith. I had been having contractions all weekend, but didn't want another doctor to deliver, so I relaxed and took it really easy, so I didn't go in to labor since Dr. Smith was out of town until Monday.  Well, all day Monday I was having really mild contractions, but they were pretty consistent.  So, Tyler and I went in for the appt, and when he checked me, I was dilated to a 5.  He asked if I was ready to have this baby and we figured, ya, let's do it.  

I was admitted at 5:30 and had to be given the antibiotic for Group B Strep, While this was happening, Tyler headed home to grab our overnight bag.  Once the antibiotic was in, Dr. Smith suggested I walk around as I was only at about a 6 at this point.  So, I did, anxiously awaiting Tyler coming back to the hospital.  He arrived back to the hospital around 6:30 and my contractions were getting harder and harder, so we headed back into the delivery room.  At 6:40, I was at about an 8, so Dr. Smith decided to break my water, and Tyus was born a little before 7:00.  

I can honestly say this delivery was perfect.  I stayed relaxed and Tyler was the perfect coach. It went so fast and so smoothly, when I think back on it, pain is not something I remember.  It was a dream delivery, I loved it.

We waited until delivery to find out the sex of the baby and when the nurse said it was a boy, I was thrilled.  I think on a cerebral level, Tyler and I both knew he was a boy.  I cried, I was so happy, Reagan has a brother.  
His delivery was so fast, he came out very bruised on his face as can be seen in these pictures
He weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 inches long

Ya, I'm pretty happy! 

Check out the mugging and the blue face.  
I think I was still in shock that he was a boy. 

He looked just like all of the other kids when he was born, such a handsome little Larsen
Tyler was pretty excited, as he always is. What a great dad to my kids, I'm the luckiest lady ever. 

Perfect!!!

Within minutes he was sucking on his fingers, a habit he continues to enjoy. 

Happy mom, even if I don't have a smile on  my face, LOL
Adorable

Seriously, so perfect!

We didn't tell the kids if the baby was a boy or a girl until they got to the hospital, they were all thrilled. And the masks were just for fun, they weren't sick, but they love the hospital masks.

Reagan was giddy, I think he was pretty worried it might be another sister.  Elise loves her little brother

Mollie was instantly in love.  Actually when he was a newborn he looked most like Mollie, and Ashtynn adored him.

Hahahahaha, Ashtynn rocks!

The one comment everyone made was how blond he is, a rarity in newborns apparently. 

Bleh!!

What a wonderful blessing. 

Best day ever!  Snuggling with my newborns.

Aunt Jacque and Aunt Melanie drove up from Utah the day Tyus was born, awesome, so much fun to hang out with them.


We stayed at the hospital for 2 days and then brought the little man home.  
2 days old

Tyus had a rough first week. He was losing weight (not nursing so well) and he was janudice.  His numbers continued to rise, so he was put on the bili blanket, like Reagan, but he had it for a week.  We had to go to the hospital 7 different times that week to have his blood checked.  Every time, they poked his heel, it was heart wrenching. 

What a good little sleeper though.

You can see the jaundice skin color here really clearly. 

The blanket, as you can see glowing in the back, didn't bother him at all.  Kept him warm and toasty.

He was a skinny little guy.

One of the many visits to the doctors office.  As you can see, we were pretty worn out. 

3 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

So happy to see this update! LOVED all the pictures - especially the one where you found it was boy. Fun to relive that. And it makes me THAT much more excited for my little guy to get here!

Jacque said...

An update! Wahoo! Can't believe this was six months ago though...where does the time go? He is such a cute baby and gets cuter every day. Great post and keep them coming.

Ashley said...

What a special day--that day is honestly the best. What a sweet little baby!