Saturday, August 6, 2011

Twin Falls Great Adventure Race

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine mentioned she was putting together a team to compete in the Twin Falls "Amazing Race", and I mentioned I was interested. I was on the team and had no idea what I was in for. She put this together on Friday afternoon and the race was Saturday morning.

There were 4 of us and we were the only team of all women. So, we met at CSI at 8:00, got our first clue and we headed out. It was so much fun and so crazy. It made me realize how crazy insane the real Amazing Race must be.

So here is what we did (And these are in no particular order):
1. Had to locate this particular t-shirt in a t-shirt shop. (It was pretty easy to find)

2. Ate the hottest wings, Blazing Wings Sauce, served at Buffalo Wild Wings. (Seriously love that place and actually ordered wings from there for dinner that night.)

3. Climbed the rock wall at the CSI ropes course. Um ya... that's me way up there!


4. Played some random bucket head game



5. Kayaked on the Snake River


6. Did this, I don't even know what it is called and really glad it was a task only one person had to do.


7. Had to solve this puzzle after finding all of the pieces hidden throughout the brush at the Shoshone Falls parking lot.

8. Ate Jalapeno Poppers from La Fiesta, without using our hands



9. Rode a bike so small, no decent self respecting woman or man would do that to themselves. Notice the seat adjustments, around an obstacle course; it hurt so bad!


10. Had to create and name a drink at Jamba Juice from a secret menu and then drink it. Ours included soy milk, acai berry, mango, banana, and a couple of other things. GAG!!! It was not so very good.

There were a few other things such as

11. Identified yogurt flavors at Kiwi Loco (good thing the owner was on our team, wink wink)
12. Played 2 holes on a frisbee golf course
13. Played real golf
14. Returned to CSI

And guess what, we didn't win, but we came in 2nd place which we were all very impressed with. Nice job ladies, it was awesome.

Hey, Phil, put me on the show, I'm so ready now!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

That is awesome! Looks like a total blast. Time for the real show!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Seriously coolest thing ever. And you look so cute in your outfit and Vibrams. Awesome!!!!

paulak said...

Ok, I am so on board for next year. Me in the race and the gym as a location. Love this.

Cassie said...

I think I'd just like to stand at the bike station and laugh at people! That does sound like fun though. Were you actually running all over town or driving?

Jacque said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I want to do something like that!

Amy said...

Looks so fun! Congrats on second place!

julie said...

How fun! My new dream is to compete on the Amazing Race. I think Mac and I could win it, without being mean to each other. He thinks I'm crazy - about winning or not being mean to each other, I'm not sure.