Thursday, May 27, 2010

Where has the time gone?

This month has been full of fun and exciting changes in Elise's life, so I figured it was about time I did a post about her.

On May 11th, she turned 6 years old. I can not believe she is already 6, it really does seem like just yesterday she was born, and really how can she be 6, when I am still 27, I don't get it, but whatever. We had a Hawaiian themed birthday party with some of her friends from church and school. What a cute and really fun bunch of kids. There were 2 boys from both school and church that she really wanted to invite, so it was a bit of a challenge to come up with a theme that worked for both boys and girls and I think we succeeded, it was a blast.

We played limbo, beach ball musical toss, and had pizza and Hawaiian cupcakes. Elise got some really fun gifts and was a wonderful hostess to all of her friends.
Reagan jumped right in and had a blast with the kids, he was a great sport.

Fun Hawaiian stuff, the kids loved the umbrellas in the cupcakes as much as anything.


Ashtynn was in the middle of it all, and yes we were watching her very carefully as she chewed on the balloon.
]

What a fun bunch of kids.


The other big thing was that she completed kindergarten. Interestingly, the school held a graduation for the kids with full graduation robes and a ceremony. Still not sure I agree with all of that, but it was kind of fun to go, and they put on a really cute program. Elise has loved kindergarten and is very sad to have the year end, and I can't blame her. She has had the most wonderful teacher, Mrs. Hart who is a jewel. We love her, but best of all, she loves the kids and loves being a kindergarten teacher.

Here are the "Graduates"
As part of the ceremony, they had all of the kids go to the microphone to tell the audience what they want to be when they grow up, it was too cute. There were a lot who want to be cops, professional athletes, but some of my favorites were the little girl who wants to be a princess, or the little boy who wants to be a pirate and the best of all, the boy who wants to be a police car.

I was very curious what Elise was going to say and Tyler and I were both a little surprised that she wants to be a "Teacher of ballet". Weird, she has never even taken ballet. I guess maybe that's an avenue we need to look into, who knew?


After the ceremony, the kids were kind enough to let me get a picture of them all. Wow, I sure love these 4!
Photobucket


4 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yay for a new post! Can't believe how grown up she is. Looks like such a fun party. LOVE those cupcakes. And is that Olivia there? I didn't know they were friends. How fun!
And seeing the graduation pictures just kept bringing the quote from INCREDIBLES to mind. But I'm sure she had fun!

paulak said...

Great post...what a great time for Elise. She loves being the hostess...me too.

Jacque said...

Love all the pictures! I can't believe how grown up your kids look. I love the picture of Reagan doing the limbo...he looks like the cool older brother making all his sister's friends laugh. Too fun!

Cassie said...

Elise looks so cute in her gown, waving like she's in a pageant!