Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Mysterymeg

At the beginning of the school year, Reagan's science teacher mentioned the Invention Convention that would take place in January and Reagan was all over it. She encouraged the kids to use recycled items, and he started his collection. I soon realized he was serious and figured I had better get on board and so started the "Mysterymeg".


(Do you like the Papa Kelsey's napkin, he was insistent we use that?)

Well, he turned it in on Monday and then this evening we went over to the school for the open house only to find he was one of the top 15 winners who gets to take his invention to the Boise regional Invention Convention. YAY!! Reagan! But as we were visiting with his Science teacher, who is wonderful, by the way, she mentioned he would be featured on KMVT on the 6:00 news in a story about the kids' inventions. She then told us that she had selected a few students to be interviewed and as she put it, kids who were energetic and excited about it, so Reagan was one of her choices. After his bit, she mentioned she had some other students and the guy said, oh I've got my story, he was great. So check out my son, the superstar!!! We are just tickled about it. What a kid!

5 comments:

Joy said...

That is so cool. Great invention. I think I need one for my kids.

Rachel Durazzani said...

So cool! You've got a star!

Cassie said...

Go Reagan! We saw his interview on the news.

Montay said...

Way to go Reagan I love it!!

julie said...

How awesome! I am not surprised at all that he is going to Boise. I knew when I saw him present it to the family that it was great and the judges would be impressed.