We all did it and I couldn't be more proud of my team. Here is a recap on the race. It was amazing, grueling, emotional, fun and exhilarating! Our team started at 8:00 am in Logan with our first runner, Mark (my BIL). Van #1 started us off; following Mark was Whitney (Rick's daughter), Rick (owner of
Utah.com our sponsor), Sheri (a friend of Rachel's), Rachel (my sister) and Matt (Rachel's husband). They did awesome all morning and then around 2:30 Matt passed the baton to my dad at Eden City Park and Van #2 took over. Dad, Melanie (my older sister), Me, Paula (one of my younger sisters), Tyler and my mom. We ran our first legs until about 6:45 pm when we handed the baton back over to Mark. At that point we headed to Exchange point #18 where we ate pasta and bread and then "attempted" to catch some Z's. There was very little sleep happening, but it was a beautiful star filled night. Our next legs began at almost 1:00 am, and those were fun legs. I did my fastest time on that one even though it was my longest leg at 6.9 miles. We all loved running in the dark of night, it was crazy fun. To make a long story short, Van #1 started up again at about 6:30 am and then we took it back over at about noon finishing the race a little before 6:00 pm in Park City, 180.5 miles later.
Melanie, Me and Paula waiting for Dad to come in .
And here he comes!
Melanie is off and running!
Look at me go
Here come Paula ready to hand off to Tyler
Go Tyler!
And Mom finished us off each time.
We met up at Snowbasin at Exchange #12, it was such a gorgeous, although hot, day!
Here are 8/12ths of the team.
Mom and 4 of her girls. We are missing Carrie who lives in Michigan and Jacque who was forced to back out of the race because of an injury, but she was there on Saturday with us at the end!
We saw some amazing scenery on the race, and even got up in the mountains high enough to see the snow!
I loved getting to run with Tyler and wouldn't have wanted to do it without him. My favorite times were when he came to give me water and a big smile of encouragement while I was running.
We all had our ipods raring to go!
Team Utah.com I'm proud of you all and thanks for the great weekend. Matt designed these shirts, they rock!
12 comments:
Awesome! Thanks so much for getting this all put together. It was a blast and I REALLY want to do it again. You rock and you look AMAZING. Can't wait for Provo River!
PS: Sorry I dropped the ball on sending pictures. I'll get those to you soon.
Alicia, glad you got pictures, they are really good. I was so concentrating on the run I didn't even think about pictures. Glad you girls are a jump ahead of your Mom, way ahead when it comes to taking pictures. It was a very great weekend, all emotions and feelings in two days. We did it.
I am so thoroughly impressed with all of you. Seriously. I would not have been able to make it. Congrats on finishing up strong and making it through alive! :0)
So fun! You guys are all awesome! Way to go!
You all look great the senery makes me miss Ut so much Love it way to go!!! I say you deserve some mmmm chocolate!!!
That was a blast. Thanks for all your hard work. I think I want to do the Prove River, and Carl wants to do Wasatch Back next year...to see "how hard it really is". What a punk! hee hee
HOLY CRAP! GOOD WORK!
Awesome! Congrats to the whole team. I had never heard of this relay before this year. Sounds like my kind of race. I do not know if I am cut out for the straight 26 miles thing... relays sound like a lot of fun. I know Joy had a blast running the Saw Tooth Mountain Relay. Thanks for sharing!
Ben
WOW! you guys are so awesome. Loved hearing about the race and looking at your pictures. Hope your are enjoying your summer.
Great job to the whole Morgan clan. You guys are incredible. I would love to do something like that. The night run really does seem like the funnest part of the race. That would be really cool. Good for you and congratulations!
oh wow alicia! This looks like so much fun. I've never heard of this kind of race. I would love something like this!! Paula tells me you are running a half marathon in provo. Sounds fun. I just finished running one about a month ago. They are so much fun. You're looking great!!!
Cute background! I need to change mine again. Congrats on the race. Way to go!!!
Post a Comment